Monday, August 12, 2013

Where to start?!

Saturday I went to Greenview to visit a friend. I came home and was on the front porch watching the hummingbirds after I put out frest food for them. While sitting there, I killed a biting fly (no, it definitely was NOT a horsefly) and a long legged brown spider of some sort. Just a few minutes later my chest started hurting stinging and burning pretty badly. 


I thought ok one of those critters bit me! As the afternoon wore on, the pain did not stop. In fact, it's been 36+ hours now and it still hurts non-stop. I was supposed to work yesterday. I went in but it was hurting so bad they finally sent someone to replace me and I went to ER. 


It is hard to tell in this photo but I am red and swollen from left neck to waist. It is red most of that. There is a large amount if swelling on my upper chest/neck. The ER folks were very concerned. Labs were drawn which the CBC showed the inflammatory response that was obviously taking place and blood cultures were drawn. I was having chills. If you know me, you know I am never cold and rarely wear an actual coat unless its below about 25 degrees. They did a CT Scan if my chest which also showed the inflammatory response. It is cellulitis according to the ER doc. I see a surgeon today for his opinion. I know there is not a surgical issue at this point. The reason is all this inflammatory response stuff can get worse and if that brown spider was a brown recluse or fiddler spider, then there is an increased chance of this becoming much worse and the bad part of that is there is still no way to prevent the tissue damage if it is going to happen, it will and it takes several days to determine whether or not it will happen. 


Last night the red was really bad. ER gave me IV meds (Benadryl, Solu-Medrol and Pepcid) to help with the allergic reaction part of this and Rocephin which is a potent antibiotic. The whole area is still very tender to touch. I can't describe how tender but similar to a deep cut that required stitches or a fresh surgical incision. The brightness of the red has dulled considerably. Though, it appears higher and a little more on the right side too. And though just about everyone in CCU and ER saw, I just can't show you how far down it goes, you will have to take my word for it!! 


The blue areas are where the bites were. They haven't gotten longer overnight but are wider. I am still worried. Hopefully Dr Wierson will be able to tell me more thus afternoon. The Rocephin is good for 24 hours, I will get Keflex filled today and take it for ten days- unless Dr Wierson changes it. 

I ask for your prayers that this is the extent of the problems and it will get better each day. 

I also ask you for prayers for my friend in the hospital. She (among others!) has been there for me and my family many times. I ask for prayers for healing for her!

That is all for today!
I love all y'all! ❤
To be continued..... 


O Lord my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me. (Psalms 30:2 KJV)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment