Saturday, January 21, 2012

Two years ago

Two years ago tonight Rick and I went to Cheddars after I got off work. I ordered chicken pot pie and he ordered their baked spaghetti thing they have. He couldn't eat it. Something was wrong, his throat was sore from the radiation. They brought him some soup. He couldn't eat it either. He took me back to the car, and I followed him home. Out at 68-80 light a car ran the red light and he hit them. No one was seriously hurt. Ronnie came after the truck and I took Rick home. Little did we know at that point in time that would be our last night out together ever. On Friday I hated to leave him home but I had to go to work. Friday night I brought Chinese food home from that little place where save a lot is. He couldn't eat that either. I heard him cough all night, he sounded terrible. On Saturday it was all I could manage to help him to the bathroom. He had so much trouble breathing. I finally convinced him to go to the dr. He was given a shot and antibiotic pills and sent home. By this time he needed a wheel chair. He made me leave him home alone long enough for me to drive to Betty and Henry's to pay the balance on his burial plot. I didn't want to go. But I did. When I got home, he couldn't walk at all. He was gray and so short of breath. He didn't want to go to the ER. I put my oxygen on him until my tank was about gone. He was no better. I finally told him I was calling an ambulance. He said no, for me to take him. I reminded him he couldn't even stand. He let me call an ambulance. That would be our last time in our home together and the beginning of a 6 week journey that would end with him going on so peacefully with a room and hall full of family and friends.

The reason I am telling you this is simple. We have no promise of tomorrow. Hold the ones you love close and make sure they know how much you love them. There is a saying that time is an enemy eating away at your life. I say time is precious. Enjoy every second of it. It will never come again! And we do not know that we will have another chance.

Remember those who have lost loved ones in your prayers. remember the ones who are sick, the ones with cancer who are receiving chemo and/or radiation. Also remember your friends, neighbors, family in your prayers. I know for sure I need the prayers of those I love! I will remember you in mine.

I love all y'all.
To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment