Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things

Today was a wonderful day at church. We had a good service then went down to the fire department to celebrate the birthday of a church friend who is turning 50 very shortly. They did pull off a surprise! It was very cute the way they put it together. I have always known of them, but really got to know them in the past 5 years or so.

And today was a first for me in a very long time. I got up and actually took my place at the beginning of the service. I have been on my seat too long and I felt last night that it was time to move up and keep moving up. If I don't move up, then I will move back because we can't just stand still. Gotta move up and do what I know is right. I received a promise about midnight on Christmas Eve 2008 and I have to do my part for that promise to come true. I also made a promise to Rick that I wouldn't back down. I gotta keep that as well.

In two weeks from tonight it will be one year since Rick passed away. It is hard to believe it has been that long in many ways and in some it seems so much longer since I saw him. I still have his cell phone active and I will call it several times a week just to hear his voice. I may never turn it off. No plans to do that right now anyway.
"Hi you have reached Rick Sanders and Nick's Mowing Service we can't come to the phone right now but if you'll leave a message we will get back with you as soon as possible. God loves you and have a great day."
He made that his message very soon after he got saved. That would have been 9 years ago this May out in his garden I was in Atlanta at a conference. He was a different man from that day onward until the Lord called him home. I am so thankful for that change. I am thankful for the many times I witnessed a heartfelt testimony from him. Those are assurances that one day we will see him again. To know our journey from the beginning until the end and to know him in 1984 and to know him in 2009 was like knowing 2 different men. He spoke of his wasted years sometimes with me. He was truly grateful he found the Lord. He didn't really know for sure what he was looking for out in that garden. He just knew he couldn't go on. And the Lord had mercy on him and lifted him up and he lived the rest of his days for Him. And I missed him today. He would have loved the service today.

I am finding I am having anxious days as the anniversary of his death draws closer. We have church that night and the devil has already been working on me that I won't be able to handle it there that night. And that really lets me know that is exactly where I need to be and I need to be ready to be there too. And right now I am determined that is how I will be there. Ready to do my part whatever my part turns out to be.

I still believe with all my heart when that still small voice says "trust Me" and I do. I really do.

Jeremiah 6:16

16Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

I love you all.
To be continued.............

No comments:

Post a Comment