Friday, February 4, 2011

Just a few thoughts

This time last year we were spending every day in the ICU at the Medical Center. Rick would have good hours and bad hours. And always there would be dear friends and family right there to help. Didn't even have to ask. Y'all were just there. It is hard to believe that it has been a year since he was so very sick. Time has passed so quickly in many ways and so very slowly in others. I don't know what to do with myself some days. And others are so very busy. We have been busy changing some things around here, nothing big, just things Rick and I had started to do when he got sick. Nick has been a big help to me. Val is so busy with the babies, they take up her day. Tobi was up until about an hour ago. She just did not want to go to sleep. She thinks she is as big as anyone else! Mini Val!

There has been so much sadness around this past week. A friend from school passed away this week. I had really lost touch with her, don't think I had seen her since high school, and that was 33...almost 34 years ago! Oops, that means Julie, Jennifer and Joanie are 34.....they were born our senior year! I digress. Please remember the Renfro family in your prayers. They have been through quite a bit the past year and now the loss of Jo. And Robin VanMeter asked for prayer today. Her daughter is sick in the hospital. Please remember that family as well. And Sally Sanders is fighting cancer. Please remember that family. And there are others with serious illness. Please just pray for your friends and neighbors. We are all in need of each others prayers. God knows our hearts. All we need to do is ask. He will supply our needs. He knows what we need before we do. He is so good to us....much better than I deserve! He always answers our prayers....just sometimes we want different answers! He always knows and does what is best for us. Always! Trust in Him. Listen to that voice when He speaks to you.....not with a natural ear but in the ear of your heart. He will guide you. Just ask!

Valarie is doing well since the scare! She is distressed now over naming this little one. She really loves the name Evelyn. I have wanted Olivia since we found out about October. I thought she would name this one Olivia. She decided on Evelyn. Now, Brandon has decided he likes Olivia better. We will see who she is when she gets here. I almost feel bad for pushing for Olivia. I do thing gammas should have a 2/3 vote on the name. I really do!

I think this is all for tonight.

I love y'all.

To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment