Friday, December 20, 2013

You know, my blog, my thoughts!

All this talk about Duck Dynasty and Phil (I think I have that name right- have never seen the show) being axed for voicing his beliefs has me thinking. I know, scary right? I have thoughts on this. Of course I do! You do too, I'm sure!! Since this is my blog, this is a free country, I am free to write those thoughts here. You are free to agree or disagree. You are NOT FREE to write your disagreements as comments on this post, those will be deleted! You ARE FREE to voice YOUR thoughts on your own blog or other social media. And I will be free to disagree or agree but I will not disagree on your page! 

My thoughts: he is correct in what he says. According to the Holy Bible, which is the Word of God, everything he said that I saw is correct. I'm not a bible scholar by any means. I just know what I read. I have a few family and friends who live an alternate life style. I still love them- just not what they do. I'm certain there are things about me they don't like too. But God also gave us this thing called free will. So if they make the choice to follow that lifestyle - and it's a choice to follow that lifestyle- then it's their choice! I'm not meaning to say whether or not they are "born that way"!! We are all Gods children!! If they believe they are born that way, they still make a conscious decision to live the way they do. They could make the choice to live as we do. Some say then they aren't being true to themselves if they do! Looking back for centuries there has always been an alternate lifestyle. According to the Bible, a city was destroyed by fire and brimstone because of the lifestyle. One could say other cities in our day and in other days/centuries have been destroyed by floods or quakes or great storms. I have NO KNOWLEDGE of the lifestyle of those cities. But I have an idea of one or two of them and I do wonder. I wonder because I'm human. I wonder because I'm nosy I guess. But, really, it's none of my business! I know that the Bible warns us of these days. And it's a warning that the end days are getting closer! We can not change when that will be and we can not predict when that will be! Only The Father knows! Not even the angels in heaven know! It also says there will be a great falling away. And it says people will be calling evil good and good evil. Can you see any of that? I can!! I am certainly not without sins and faults! I will answer for those myself! 

What can we do? Lots! We can not judge! We can love one another. We can pray for our friends, family, neighbors! We can follow our own hearts. We go to the church of our choice. We can listen to the Word of God. And we can put that word in our hearts! And Follow Him! Wherever HE leads! And we can let others have their opinions! It's most surely their right just as much as it's my right to post this! And we can not try to put our beliefs off on someone else! We will each answer for our own sins and I have enough to answer for already!! And we can raise our family according to our beliefs and be sure our children hear His word from an early age and pray that when they come to the age of accountability, God has mercy on their souls and saves them and they follow Him! I pray for my own children to return to follow Him! Maybe one day they will! 

In this Season of His birth, remember the Reason for this glorious Season! It's not about what you spend on anyone!! It's about the joy if His birth! 

I love all y'all!❤️
To be continued...

Isaiah 5:20-21

King James Version (KJV)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

No comments:

Post a Comment