Monday, December 2, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year


Ah! Christmas Time is Here. I love this time of year. I love what Christmas means. I love the reason for the season! I followed tradition and put my tree up my first day off after Thanksgiving and that happened to be Friday. I put a lot of my ornaments on the tree. I've been collecting Precious Moments ornaments since Rick got me my first ones Christmas 1984. 


And from 1986 and 1990 for my babies first Christmases. 


And I have many more ornaments including a collection from Hallmark called "Mary's Angels" - I love those ornaments. They are so cute. And now they have their own tree. 


I do miss Rick so much right now. 29 years ago we were dating, about to be officially engaged and our first Christmas. It's difficult this time of year - holiday time - when people you love are no longer here. It's a fact that depression rates go up. There's an increased sadness and loneliness even when you're among friends and family during major holidays. But I'm ok. It is what it is and I am dealing with it. 

I've taken the step to turn off his phone. It was a difficult decision but I did it. He wanted me to do it- it was something we had discussed. One step at a time. 

I love all y'all. ❤️
To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment