Monday, March 16, 2015

'Tis the Season

Easter is quickly approaching. This year it is April 5th. Did you ever wonder how Easter is determined? I did. So I looked it up. It has to do with phases of the moon among other things. So, Easter is determined to be the first Sunday after the first full moon after the 20th of March or the Paschal moon (the first full moon of the vernal equinox). So, Easter can never be before March 20 or after April. 25. Exactly when the first Easter happened is not something I know how to figure out. I do know, though, that Easter is a special time. A Holy time. It is a somber time as Good Friday (never know why that name is chosen for this day) marks the capture, crucifixion, and death of Jesus Christ. I see no good in His death. But, then again, there was good in it. Good because on the third day (Easter) He rose! And I believe that with all my heart. If you have never seen "The Passion of the Christ", you should. Just once. I will never forget. That movie, though in a language that I could not understand, was so moving. I believe God had a hand in helping Mel Gibson make that movie. I do. I also believe a bit of dramatic license was taken in some of the scenes but I believe it really represents what our Savior went through on the day he died. Don't judge if you haven't seen it.

Had it not been for that man, where would I be today? I love that song. I love to hear Bro Denzel sing it. Brings a chill. Every time.

My point? My point to this is: Easter is not about bunnies and chicks and ducklings. It's not about eggs colored so pretty. It's not about baskets of candy. It is about the man who died for us that we might be saved. I'm not telling you to forget about our traditions. I buy Easter baskets, candy, hide eggs etc. I am saying remember why we celebrate this season. What it means. Teach your children and grandchildren. Have fun. But remember. Never forget and praise Him for what He did for us.


I hope all y'all have a very blessed day! I must go. Gotta go see Dr Avula this afternoon. Those esophageal spasms were bad last night. Phew!! 

I love all y'all!❤️
To be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment