Monday, July 23, 2012

It is a new day

Today is a new day once more and I thank God for being part of it. I was given the privilege yesterday of attending two wonderful church services. I thank Him for that gift as well.

I do have a something to get out of my pea brain today. Saturday I was driving up to Cave City to meet Greg, Michaelle and Nathan for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel before they went on to Rick's sister, Sue's for the day. I was about 2 miles from Cave City on 31W North. There was no traffic - it was a good drive until I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a couple on a motor cycle no helmets on either (I know we have a no helmet law but common sense people) gaining on me quickly. They got very close and did zigzags in the lane, did not cross the yellow line - which they could have passed me easily traffic was light, remember - had I been going 40 or 45 in a 55 I might have understood why they would be impatient; but, I was doing 55 - 60 in a 55. If they wanted to go faster they could have passed me on several occasions. There was no need to act like that. It is people like them who give bad names to cyclists. Lots of people I love have motorcycles. They don't act like that. I see someone on a bike nearly every day and most don't act like that. And to beat it all, when we got to the light to turn, they missed the light. I got there and parked and guess who drove in the lot behaving? That same couple. They were meeting other people at Cracker Barrel for breakfast too.  There is a picture/saying going around Facebook now about checking twice before turning or changing lanes and other things to keep cyclists safe and I agree 100% with that AND I believe the cyclists have some responsibility to watch what they are doing AND most of them do but that a few cause potentially dangerous situations.

We all had pancakes and bacon. It was yummy.

I don't know if it is the heat and humidity or if my meds need adjusting more, but shew, it is all I can do to get through the day sometimes. Breath is short most of the time and I just want to feel better. The foot I had surgery on a few years ago is killing me, has numb areas around where the cyst was and the heel hurts so bad I can't get up and down steps or inclines for the pain. I guess it goes with age and I am no spring chicken at all. I wish my rich uncle would get out of the poor house and help me so I can retire. hahahaha.

It is time to get this day started. Y'all have a great day!

The following was talked about at church this weekend.

Jeremiah 6:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
I love all y'all!
To be continued...............

No comments:

Post a Comment