Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Welcome fall!

It is officially fall. Fall means decorating, hot spiced cider, apple pies, cooler temperatures, babies birthdays, and WVFD Haunted House and Hay Ride! I love the fall. This year, fall will bring many memories. It is just 2 under months from the one year date of finding Rick's tumor. It is hard to believe almost a year has passed!

So every year we worked at the WVFD haunted house and hayride. Rick drove a tractor and I rode the wagon to make sure everyone stayed safe. This is the first year in many that I won't be participating. I think Nick is going to help scare the folks who go through. I am working at the hospital almost every Friday in October. Last year it rained or tried to rain EVERY Friday night in October. I hope they have better luck this year! It is always a lot of fun to go through the haunted house. The firefighters do an excellent job with it. Last year we were told we were better than Skeletons Lair in BG. They have been around for years!

Every year I made a pot of chili each weekend for the haunted house. Never brought any of it back home. The fire department always made good money on the haunted house. I hope they do well this year. It is so hard to go to things that we used to do together.

Today Nick helped me put up the shock and straw. Rick and Nick always did that before. Little did we know last year would be Rick's last. This is the first time ever that I had to buy my fodder! I may plant corn next year just to have some fodder! Maybe?!? We shall see. I still have a little to do with decorating, but it is coming together nicely.

So, I think this is all for today. I love you all.

To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment