Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Another first

Holiday time is a wonderful time.  Families get together, share good times and a great meal together.  They make wonderful memories together.  I cherish those memories and traditions.  In my job, I am required to work holidays.  Every other Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I’m spending those holidays with someone else’s family taking care of them at sometimes the worst times in their lives.  I chose this profession. It’s part of the job.  I told my family a long, long time ago I didn’t want them changing our traditions to accommodate me.  So, my mom fixes the dinner on the holiday every year. She doesn’t let us help with anything as far as preparing the meal.  This year things will be a little different.  There’s another empty chair at the table.  In a way, I’m kind of glad to be scheduled to work because it’ll be a bit sadder at our home with it being our first holiday without pap.  He surely enjoyed his holiday meals.  Y’all remember us and all the other families spending our first holiday with an empty chair.  

❤️I love all y’all.  
Until next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment